Characteristics of Excellence
ELI 360 University Selection Criteria
Education excellence is based on a university’s commitment to at least 3 principles: maintaining strong academic standards, keeping pace with technology improvements and making investments into globalization efforts. With these three guiding principles we have chosen to work directly with universities that demonstrate the following characteristics (in no particular order).
- Our partner universities are ACCREDITED institutions.
- The campus is in a residential area with 24 hour campus security providing a safe environment so students can concentrate on their studies. All university buildings are located on a single campus, typically over 48.5 hectares, and all are within walking distance.
- The campus is modern with technology upgrade programs to stay current with progress in technology.
- The Student to Faculty ratio remains between 11:1 to 20:1
- The student body size has more than 2000 students and less than 10,001.
- The percentage of faculty with “Highest Possible Degree in Field” is more than 70%.
- The percentage of students admitted into graduate and professional schools is more than 80%.
- Alumni who evaluated their own university regarding the percentage of classes that were taught by a professor as opposed to a graduate assistant was more than 80% of classes.
- Alumni who evaluated their own university regarding the faculty’s interest in them as people is more than 80% of professors.
- The universities’ education philosophy is focused on academics as well as character building.
- Greater opportunity for practical professional and leadership development.
- The university is a private university.
- The university is in the central U.S., specifically in one of the following states: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. The universities we represent are highest in value because their average cost is between $27,500 and $29,500 for tuition, fees, room and board.
ELI 360 Universities are the best value in US higher education and offer students the best opportunities for development and academic growth.
ELI 360 University graduates are readily admitted into graduate programs like University of Texas, University of Tennessee, Cornell, Harvard, Yale, Baylor Law / Harvard Law, Texas Tech Medical School / Baylor Medical School / Vanderbilt, MIT, Purdue, Stanford, University of Chicago, University of California – Berkeley, etc.
ELI 360 Universities are among the best undergraduate programs in The Princeton Review and U.S. News and World Report.
ELI 360 University professors regularly invite undergraduate students to participate with them in research and offer personal mentoring for the student’s own futures.
Read the experience of one ELI 360 student from Morocco